search

Saturday 31 January 2015

A Cold Day in January

Red-breasted Nuthatch

Golden-crowned Kinglet


Black -capped Chickadee
I've always liked how birds look on the really cold days. The way they are able to fluff up their feathers
to insulate themselves from the bitter cold. They handle the weather better than me. These were actually
taken on two separate days, the first on January 6 in East Jordan, the latter two at Hemeon's Head on January 17.
The wind chill on the 17th was the worst I've been out in for a long while.

2 comments:

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Lovely pics!
The nuthatch looks so serious.
O, a Kinglet. A bird I haven't seen before. Amazing!
And the happy Chickadee is one of my favourites.
Thank you.

Russel Crosby said...

Thanks Dixie, The nuthatches do seem like they have a permanent frown but they're very friendly - more so than even the Chickadees.