search

Friday 29 July 2022

Olive-sided Flycatcher

 I had been watching what I thought was a nesting pair of Olive-sided Flycatchers. They were always in the same location for a few weeks whenever I visited the area. One, which I assumed was the male always looked for the highest perch to watch for flying insects. The other bird tended to stay lower and used the same perches frequently. Both birds were quite vocal but only using their typical call notes and only once did I hear the "Quick three beers" call from the presumed male bird. I never once saw them attend to a nest in all the times I was there which was a bit puzzling to me. On my last visit there I could find no sign of either bird. All the shots here are of the one I thought to be the female since she tended to stay closer to the ground. These were taken on several different evening trips.






No comments: