search

Saturday 1 November 2014

Green Herons

This was the typical view I was getting when I first found this bird, that is, the heron flying in the other direction.

Eventually the bird flew back to it's original location where I managed to take several shots of it.

It managed to catch fish on more than one occasion.

When I was reasonably happy that I had enough shots I headed back to the car and started for home only to startle
the bird in the second pond near the road.  I stopped and took a few more shots surprised it let me get this close.
 

Eventually it flew to the far side of the pond.

I took a couple more shots and left. It was only after reviewing my pics that I realized I had two different birds.
It should have been obvious given that this bird is a bright adult whereas the other is likely a bird in
it's first year.  October 31,  Louis Head. 

No comments: