search

Monday 8 April 2019

Palm Warbler on another Snow Day

I need to be more careful when attempting to predict the weather. April is obviously no guarantee that it's not going to snow again as this day proves, so here I am again posting pictures on another snowy day after proclaiming the previous post would be the last of my snow themed photos. 

  It's unusual for me to post images on the day I took them but I couldn't resist the urge this time. Although I've photographed Palm Warblers more times than I care to remember,  I believe this may be the most excited I've been to see one. On a day when I thought I'd take a few shots of the regulars at the feeder this guy flew in the yard, attracted likely by the other birds. An early migrant, I'm hoping it survives this (hopefully) last blast of Winter. I'm a little more concerned about the Tree Swallows I saw yesterday, I think the Palm Warblers are fairly hardy.





No comments: